UPDATE 4/5: The service will also be streamed on our Facebook page – First Baptist Church – Southington, CT.
We will hold our Palm Sunday service on April 5 at 10:00 am via Zoom (the Zoom code and password are at the bottom of this email). As it is Communion Sunday I invite/remind you all to bring your own juice and bread to participate. There is no “required” type of juice or bread, please use what you have access to.
Following the service, at approximately 11:15am we will distribute palms in our parking lot. Here are the instructions if you wish to come by in your car to pick up palms:
- Enter from the East St. end of the parking lot and form a line, do not get out of your car.
- A table will be set up at the bottom of the kitchen steps.
- When it is your turn, indicate how many palm fronds you would like by holding up your fingers so the attendants can see them.
- The attendant (Barbara McKay or me) will place the palms on the table.
- The attendant will step back and you can then drive up, roll down your window, pick up your palms, close your window and proceed to Meriden Ave. and exit.
I know this seems complicated, but we are following the instructions issued by the Plainville/Southington Regional Health District. Our aim is to distribute palms safely by observing social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
Here is the link for our Zoom worship service. Don’t forget that you may be asked for a password. It is listed here:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 863 134 389
May God richly bless you as we enter Holy Week 2020 and I hope to see you Sunday morning. Be safe. Wash your hands.